YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
wELL, WE HAVE ANSWERS!
What insurance should I purchase for winter sports?
- ESF doesn't insure their guests, therefore, we recommend that you opt for "Carré Neige" Insurance which covers you in the event of an accident or illness. You can find more information by visiting our Insurance Page or directly on www.carreneige.com.
- You can purchase insurance cover during checkout on our site after selecting your lessons.
What happens if my stay is cancelled?
- All you need to do is get in contact with us at least one day before your lessons start and we will refund you in full.
Which forms of payment does ESF Val Thorens accept?
- All credit cards are accepted when using online checkout except Diner's Club.
- To make a payment via money transfer, check or voucher, please contact us and we will forward you an order form.
How do I get to the payment page after booking my lessons?
- If you are having issues loading the page, we recommend that you lower the security settings in your web browser and/or disable your firewall while making your reservation.
How do meals work for children and where do they take place? What if my child has dietary restrictions?
- Children eat their meals in the Mini Club dining hall and are supervised by instructors and group leaders.
- Meals are prepared by our cooks and therefore can be modified to meet any dietary restrictions your child may have.
- Meals are followed by play/ relax time, depending on the age and wants of your child. Naps are possible as we have beds at their disposal for this exact purpose.
My child will turn 3 soon after our stay at Val Thorens, do I really need to sign them up for childcare or can they go right to Club Piou-Piou?
- You must sign them up for childcare.
Is equipment included with lessons?
- ESF does NOT provide ski equipment.
- However, we can lend you snowshoes and/or poles for adults and children alike if needed.
- For off-piste lessons, we provide all security equipment: avalanche transceiver, backpack, probe and shovel.
- For our adaptive ski lessons, we supply the adaptive ski equipment.
I don't understand the popups that appear when trying to book a lesson...
Lessons are full
- This means that you have surpassed the sign-up date to make your booking (online sales close 3 days before lessons start; you'll need to book them directly with our on-site staff on arrival, depending on availability.
- Or you may have selected the incorrect category when it comes to the age of your child.
Your child's age prevents them from signing up for this lesson
- We calculate the number of months between your child's date of birth and the starting date of lessons to confirm that they are old enough to sign up.
- To sign up for Club Piou-Piou, your child must be 36 - 47 months old.
- For Ourson lessons, your child must be at least 4 years old.
None of the lessons I select correspond to my child's age...
- Try selecting Saturday as the starting date of lessons to make sure there aren't any other possibilities.